- May 13
- The Bass Cottage Inn opens for the season
- Come enjoy our "Lucky 13th" season with us!
- ALL SEASON LONG
- Acadia National Park Centennial 2016
- Celebrate with Us
Acadia National Park, Friends of Acadia, and the Acadia Centennial Partners are planning a year-long, Maine-wide celebration highlighting the previous hundred years of world-class conservation at the park and inspiring and launching the next hundred years of stewardship of Acadia.
Acadia’s official “birthday” is on July 8, 2016. Will you mark the day with a sunrise hike to the top of Cadillac? Bring friends to a picnic at your favorite Acadia spot? Take some time to just notice anew the wonders of this very special place? But that’s only one special day in a very full year. Throughout 2016, the Acadia Centennial Partners will offer events, activities, products, and more. We invite you to:
- Learn more about Acadia’s past, present, and future through lectures, exhibits, publications, or films
- Try a new activity or discover a new special spot in the park
- Experience Acadia through the eyes and ears of the artists who are inspired by this remarkable place
- Bring home the memories with centennial commemorative products produced by businesses and artisans from Acadia’s surrounding communities
- Give back to Acadia and help inspire its next century of conservation through special volunteer opportunities or by making a donation to Acadia’s centennial
You’ll find something for everyone: year-round and seasonal residents of the Acadia region; first-time and lifelong visitors; kids, teens, and grownups of all ages. Plan HERE how you can take part in celebrating Acadia National Park - "America's Favorite Place" (Good Morning America)
- Celebrate with Us
- May 19-22
- Taste of Bar Harbor food festival
- Pub tour, chef's table dining event, sidewalk sale and cafe and more. Learn More
- May 20-22
- TedxDirigo conference
- TEDxDirigo, Maine’s most successful conference dedicated to innovation and creativity in the state, is headed to Bar Harbor. Celebrating Acadia National Park and the National Park System’s 100th anniversary, TEDxDirigo will present *Ebb & Flow*
TEDxDirigo events are invite only; you may request an invitation at Learn more. beginning January 2016.
- June 2-5
- Acadia Birding Festival
- Find your birds in the natural beauty of Acadia National Park and environs. Learn more.
- June 3
- Artwalk Bar Harbor
- First Friday of each month in our season. "Let The Celebration Begin"
- June 18-19
- Art in the Park Show
- 66th annual show featuring the works of over 30 artists. On the nearby Village Green
- June 19
- Father's Day Concert
- Agamont Park on the waterfront. Just a few steps from the Inn.
- July 1
- ArtWalk Bar Harbor.
First Friday of each month in our season. "Artworks to Fireworks"
- July 4
- Bar Harbor's Independence Day celebration
- Voted the #1 top Fourth of July celebrations in America by the Today Show, and recognized by National Geographic as one of the top ten in the U.S. as well. Check on the fun on tap!
- July 23
- Open Garden Day
- Members of the Garden Club of Mt. Desert Island open their beautiful and unique gardens to the public. Not to be missed. For ticket information...
- July 15-18
- Quietside Flamingo Festival & Craft Fair, Southwest Harbor ME
- August 5
- ArtWalk Bar Harbor
- First Friday of each month during the season.
- August TBD
- Annual Bar Harbor Jazz Festival
- Open air stage on the Village Green and many small venues around town. For more info.
- September 2
- ArtWalk Bar Harbor
- First Friday of every month of the season. "Dress Up Night"
- September 5
- Labor Day
- Many more warm, happy days in Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park still to come!
- September 22-25
- Acadia Night Sky Festival
- With the rapid loss of dark skies to light pollution receiving national attention, Maine is increasingly being referred to as one place “that still has stars.”
One of the premier night sky events on the eastern seaboard, featuring a full schedule of events. With workshops, nationally recognized speakers and hands-on experiences, there truly is something for everyone from families to the serious amateur astronomer. Help us celebrate the starlit skies of Downeast Maine through education, science and the arts.
- October 10
- Columbus Day
- October 16
- MDI Marathon and Half Marathon
- One of the USA's most competitve and beautiful running events. Start training and get more info here...
- October TBD
- Acadia's 21th Annual Oktoberfest, Southwest Harbor
- Details to follow. Learn more.
- October 29
- Last night at the Bass Cottage Inn
- See you again in 2017!