- May 12
- The Bass Cottage Inn opens for the season
- Come enjoy our Fabulous Fourteenth season with us!
- May 20
- Spring Art Fair
Island Arts Association Spring Fair in Bar Harbor More info.
- June 1-4
- Acadia Birding Festival
- Find your birds in the natural beauty of Acadia National Park and environs. Learn more.
- June 4
- Acadia Half Marathon
Half marathon through one of America's best national parks. Sponsored by the MDI YMCA. More info.
- June 8-10
- Taste of Bar Harbor food festival
- Pub tour, chef's table dining event, sidewalk sale and cafe and more. Learn More
- June 17-18
- Art in the Park Show
- 67th annual show featuring the works of over 30 artists. On the nearby Village Green More info.
- June 18
- Father's Day Concert
- Agamont Park on the waterfront. Just a few steps from the Inn. More info.
- July 4
- Bar Harbor's Independence Day celebration
- Voted the #1 top Fourth of July celebrations in America by the Today Show, and recognized by National Geographic as one of the top ten in the U.S. as well. The days is capped by fantastic fireworks near the Bass Cottage Inn. Check on the fun on tap!
- July 15-16
- North Atlantic Blues Festival, Rockland ME
- One of the best outdoor blues festivals on the East Coast about a 2 hour drive in nearby Rockland. More info.
- July 22
- Bar Harbor Garden Club Tour
- Members of the Garden Club and open their beautiful and unique gardens to the public. Not to be missed. More info.
- August 16-19
- Ellsworth Antiques Show, Woodlawn, Ellsworth ME
- A significant antiques event in nearby Ellsworth at the Woodlawn Museum. More info.
- August 20
- Island Arts Association Craft Fair, Southwest Harbor ME
- See crafts created by artists of Mount Desert Island and nearby islands off the coast. More info.
- August 25-27
- American Folk Festival, Bangor ME
THE major folk music event in the country, about 45 miles away on the Bangor Waterfront along the Penobscot River. More info.
- September 2 - 3
- Island Arts Association Weekend Fair in the Park
Major in town art event just steps from the Bass Cottage Inn. www.islandartsassociation.com
- September 21-24
- Acadia Night Sky Festival
- With the rapid loss of dark skies to light pollution receiving national attention, Maine is increasingly being referred to as one place “that still has stars.”
One of the premier night sky events on the eastern seaboard, featuring a full schedule of events. With workshops, nationally recognized speakers and hands-on experiences, there truly is something for everyone from families to the serious amateur astronomer. Help us celebrate the starlit skies of Downeast Maine through education, science and the arts.
- September 22-24
- Common Ground Fair, Unity ME
- Worth the drive! www.mofga.org/TheFair
- October 7
- Downtown Oktoberfest, Southwest Harbor ME
Show your gemundlichtkeit. In nearby Southwest Harbor. More info.
- October 15
- MDI Marathon and Half Marathon
- One of the USA's most competitve and beautiful running events. Start training and get more info here...
- October 28
- Last night at the Bass Cottage Inn.
Come see us next year!